Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

I actually bought this beaut of a brush just before we went on holiday (along with the Real Techniques stippling brush - seperate review to follow at some point) but being the neat freak I am and not wanting to get my pretty new brush all sandy, I didn't end up taking it or using it until I got back a couple of weeks ago.
 
The expert face brush is part of the range of brushes designed by beauty blogging royalty Sam & Nic Chapman (aka Pixiwoo). I'm sure you all know their "makeup-artists to youtube superstars" story but in case you'd like to know anymore you can find details here
 
The expert face brush is designed to be "ultra firm and broad for the application and bleding of liquid or cream foundation" and I absolutely couldn't agree more.
Since discovering it I have been using this brush for just about everything face wise: concealer, foundation, blusher, bronzer. The expert face brush manages to blend my foundation in such a way that I feel like I'm hardly wearing any makeup, but at the same time am left with the full coverage that I love!
 
The shape of the brush head is slightly different to a normal foundation brush but I think that's a good thing and it seems to reach all the nooks and crannys on my face even better than my MAC 190. Plus somehow much foundation seem to be lasting much longer when applied with the expert face brush. 

 
Now onto the bristles...this brush is simply so so so SO soft! I've literally never had a brush like it.
Real Techniques brushes use "ultra plus, synthetic bristles are hand cut and 100% cruelty free" which to be honest really must make all the difference.
As I said I haven't been using my new baby this brush for long but so far it hasn't shred at all and from what I've heard previously they hold their shape perfectly, stay baby soft & only shed a teeny teeny bit, if at all. So I'll keep you updated on that as I get more use out of it.
 
I really can't rave about this brush enough and would recommend it to everybody.
Real Techniques are now pretty widely available on the high street in Boots & Superdrug or online.
At around £8-9 depending on the shop I think this is an absolute bargain - a must have for every makeup bag.
 
Do you own any Real Techniques brushes?
What other brushes would you recommend from the Real Technique collection?
XOXO

Like my blog? Please consider following me on GFC, Google + or Bloglovin
You can find me here: Blog Lovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Google +